We’re searching for a creative, results-oriented, data-driven Product Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, you will play a key role in acquiring, onboarding and retaining Yesware customers through programs and campaigns that drive awareness, adoption and usage of our email product. Your primary goals will be to get Yesware in the front of our target customers at the right time and drive customer adoption. You’ll own the entire funnel -- from executing product launches that build awareness, to analyzing when and why customers are dropping off or churning, and then double-downing on what the data says we should do to drive purchases and adoption.
Your work that impacts top of funnel (acquisition):
- Market validation – Use surveys, interviews, and product usage analysis to understand customer needs and pains.
- Messaging and positioning – Take learnings and insights you distilled during your research and translate them into buyer personas, product pages, ad copy, and other user acquisition assets.
- Go-to-market planning – You’ll draw upon your customer, acquisition, and funnel optimization expertise to develop strategic product launch plans, ensuring new products and features are communicated to the right customers, at the right time, in the right way, across the right channels.
Your work that impacts middle of funnel (consideration):
- Trial onboarding – Develop, test, and implement email onboarding programs aimed at activating new users and instilling habitual usage.
- Customer referrals – Source and publicize customer referrals and success stories across channels where people are actively researching Yesware.
- Sales enablement – Work closely with marketing and sales colleagues to deliver support materials – including internal messaging and positioning, decks, case studies, event collateral, and other documents needed to sell our core products/features.
Your work that impacts bottom of funnel (purchase):
- Customer education – Partner with Customer Success and Product teams to ensure the ongoing delivery and consistent messaging within key educational assets, like product how-to videos and feature-focused blog articles.
- Retention and engagement – Analyze product data and identify key drivers of retention and engagement metrics to uncover insights and opportunities.
- Price optimization – Manage pricing-research agency relationship, analyze revenue data to uncover monetization opportunities, collaborate with cross-functional teams to roll out new plans and packaging.
You should have experience in:
- Designing experiments, such as A/B tests or multivariate tests, with proven track record of success
- General understanding of SaaS economics, such as LTV, CAC, payback period, etc.
- Deep understanding of acquisition, activation, retention, and reactivation
- Planning and rolling out product launch campaigns
- Developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally, with effective project management expertise
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Drive decisions with both quantitative customer data and qualitative customer feedback. You can articulate why a shift in the data might be happening and then take action.
- Are a talented copywriter, communicator, and overall storyteller.
- Prefer autonomy. You enjoy an environment where you’re making your own decisions; not being told what to do next.
- Are excited about solving tough problems no one else has solved. Aggressive goals don’t scare you, they excite you.
- Have 3+ years of product marketing experience (ideally focused on driving engagement and retention)
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
You can find us in our 15th floor office, conveniently located in downtown Boston. We offer competitive compensation comprised of salary, equity and bonuses. We also offer a growing list of benefits: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, flexible spending account, as well as gym and public transportation reimbursement. Don't worry about vacation, you can take it when you need it. Additional perks include weekly wellness classes, professional coaching, free daily catered lunch, and a ride home with Lyft when you need it.
Yesware is proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values everyday in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.