As a member of the Operations team, you will work cross functionally across all of our departments to build a solid foundation for Yesware’s critical analytics. We are looking for an independent thinker who is willing to dig in and bring our data warehouse and accompanying analytic tools to a new level, becoming a trusted source of actionable insights. As we head into an era of increasing requirements around personal data protection, the Data Engineer will become the subject matter expert on where all personal information resides and why, helping to institute documentation and processes to support compliance with various regulations.
- Design, build, and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data out of Yesware’s core product and business tools to downstream business systems and our data warehouse
- Maintain responsibility for all code and configuration for moving data from source systems to data warehouse and downstream tools
- Address data integrity issues and work to solve root cause process or systems issues partnering with source system owners
- Set up monitoring and alert mechanisms to address issues before they become problems
- Create data match strategies for matching individuals across sources, using multiple strategies such as IP tracking, cookies, etc
Data Hierarchy and Dictionary
- Build and maintain comprehensive documentation of Yesware's data hierarchy and definitions
- Reconcile multiple data sources and determine the "source of truth" for each
- Support data requests from the business by executing any needed Python/Spark/SQL coding in our tools to help business users create dashboards and reports
- Lead efforts to keep Yesware compliant with GDPR as the expert on "what data is where"
- Field requests for removal of personal information - both within Yesware and also within our vendor tools
- Review new systems to confirm whether they will have access to customer data so that we can get the right legal agreements in place
- Make recommendations to all Yesware departments on ways to fix, replace, and enhance our current tech stack
- Lead training for internal business users for various systems usage
- Communicate cross functionally with Operations, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams
- Degree in a computing technology focus or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of computer systems experience
- Demonstrated success in building out a data warehouse from multiple data sources, including code to move data from source to warehouse
- Demonstrated experience configuring and managing a data warehouse in Redshift and/or Snowflake
- Demonstrated experience designing and operating an alerting and monitoring system to support highly available services (e.g. using Nagios, SumoLogic, Pingdom, custom scripting, etc.)
- High proficiency in SQL, Python, Ruby and/or similar languages
- Ability to perform testing and regression testing and ensure high quality product work
- Skilled at documenting data warehouses and hierarchies, process flows
- Exposure to online advertising systems or ad tech industry
- Experience with Segment, Amplitude, and/or Mode is a plus
About the Company:
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
You can find us in our 15th floor office, conveniently located in downtown Boston. We offer competitive compensation comprised of salary, equity and bonuses. We also offer a growing list of benefits: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, flexible spending account, as well as gym and public transportation reimbursement. Don't worry about vacation, you can take it when you need it. Additional perks include weekly wellness classes, professional coaching, free daily catered lunch, and a ride home with Lyft when you need it.
Yesware is proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values everyday in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.